Coffee is one of the most popular beverage in the world, and many fans. Not infrequently the coffee enthusiast who began their daily activities with a cup of coffee first. Bitter taste in the coffee is a unique taste. Even once there is a source that says that 80 percent of adults in the world, ever drink coffee. So the coffee was very popular beverage in the world. Not only that, in addition to delicious, coffee can also provide many health benefits, provided that the amount consumed in a safe. Correct amount of coffee consumed is 300 mg of caffeine, equivalent to 3 cups of coffee per day.
Coffee has an addictive effect, if consumed excessively and is expected to occur if a person consumes more than 600 mg caffeine, equivalent to 5 to 6 cups of coffee per day, for 8 to 15 consecutive days. The result will be more fatal when coffee consumption reaches about 10 grams of caffeine, or 20-50 cups a day. So, coffee should be consumed within a reasonable amount, because whatever it is if consumed excessively, it will be bad for your health.
Coffee is a beverage that contains caffeine. That is an alkaloid chemical compound, known as trimetilsantin, with molecular formula C8H10N4O2. In general, the amount of caffeine content in coffee is 1 to 1.5%, while the tea from 1 to 4.8%. Caffeine works in the body to take over the adenosine receptor, in nerve cells, which will spur the production of adrenal hormones.
Here are the benefits of drinking coffee that had summarized from various sources:
- Caffeine in coffee is a natural chemical substance, which can stimulate the brain and nervous system. In addition to coffee, caffeine is also found in tea, cola, chocolate, energy drinks or drugs.
- Caffeine reduces the pain of a headache. The study found caffeine contained in coffee or tea (in a certain amount) can help cure headaches. According Seimur Diamond, M.D., Chicago’s Diamond Headache Clinic, patients with migraine in the mild category can be cured with a cup of black coffee or a cup of black tea. So try first before taking any medication cure your headache with caffeinated beverages.
- Caffeine can relieve asthma sufferers breath manner dilate the bronchial passageways connecting the esophagus to the lung.
- Caffeine helps a person to be able to think faster. Try to consume coffee or tea 15 minutes or 30 minutes, before a job interview or giving a presentation to the boss. The result may be good, because the caffeine found in coffee or tea proved able to provide ‘signals’ in the brain to respond faster, and with agile memory processing in the brain.
- Caffeine at coffee prevents cavities. Try to drink a cup of hot coffee or hot tea shortly after you eat cookies, chocolate cake is delicious, fruit-flavored candy or a piece of sweet bread. Joe Vinson, Ph.D. of the University of Scranton explained that the caffeine contained in these drinks was very tough to eradicate the bacteria that cause cavities.
- Caffeine can make the body do not get tired, could do physical activity for longer, in the estimate because the caffeine at coffee makes “fuel” used muscle longer.
- Caffeine can increase the sense of cheerful, makes us feel more refreshed and energetic.
- Women who drank two cups of coffee or more per day may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Coffee can improve mental performance and memory because coffee can stimulate many areas of the brain that can manage to stay awake, arousal, mood and concentration. Research at the University of Arizona found that adults who drink coffee before a memory test showed significant developments than those who drank decaffeinated coffee.
- Caffeine may ward off free radicals and destroy molecules that can damage DNA cells.
- Caffeine also protect the heart and reduce cancer risk.
- To reduce the risk of diabetes, start drinking coffee. Someone who drank more than six cups of coffee a day at low risk of diabetes, compared with people who do not drink coffee at all. Thus the conclusion of a large-scale research carried out at 80 thousand people over 18 years in the U.S..
- Parkinson’s disease is rare in people who drink coffee regularly. A study concluded that the disease is actually found in men who do not drink coffee three times more than men coffee connoisseur.
- Drinking coffee makes sperm “swim” faster, and can improve male fertility. This was announced by Brazilian scientists in a meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine in San Antonio, where the main discussion revolved around the effects of drugs on male fertility.
So because of the coffee beverage has many benefits, easily found and cheap price, why do not we start our day with coffee consumption? But remember, the true size of coffee consumption should however be noted.